John Fowler Automotive is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you of our policy regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
This policy covers all personal information (as defined under the Privacy Act 1988) that we collect, use and otherwise process in connection with your dealing with John Fowler Automotive as a customer or a potential customer.
- What personal information is collected and why
- How personal information is collected
- How personal information is stored - Reasons, or purposes for which John Fowler Automotive collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- How personal information is handled or managed
- How personal information may be accessed and changed by individuals
- What security is protecting personal information
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and/or job title
- Contact information such as address, phone number, and email
- Government issued tax business and company number where applicable
- Transactional information such as credit card details and bank details relating to payments to John Fowler Automotive
- Generalised demographic information such as age, interests or gender
- Information relevant to specific customer needs including but not limited to vehicle details and service history
WHY INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, we collect, hold and disclose your personal information so we can better understand the needs of clients and staff and ultimately provide a more rewarding experience. Some of the uses for the information collected includes:
- Completing transactions and administering our relationship with you.
- Investigating and responding to your questions or feedback in relation to our products or services.
- Providing better services and better products
- Internal record maintenance and record keeping
- To let customers know of upcoming events, promotions or just a general contact.
The above information is necessary in order to maintain certain business standards and ethics towards customer/client development. Anything that is needed out of this scope may be requested, but only if necessary.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information will only be collected where an individual is aware of what information is being sent and collected. Under the Australian Privacy Principles, an organisation is only allowed to collect solicited information via the following methods:
- A completed form or application submitted by an individual
- A complaint or suggestion letter
- An employment application sent in response to a job advertisement
- A form completed and submitted on websites
- A record of a credit card payment (but not credit card information)
- Or directly from the individual either by phone or in-person. We will always make the individual aware of what information is being collected and when the information is being collected.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS STORED
Personal information is always stored in a secure database that only relevant staff have access to. If any individual wishes for their own information to be deleted, all they must do is ask, either by email or other suitable format.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS MANAGED
Any information collected is treated with the highest level of privacy and priority. An individual may choose to remove amend, limit or withhold information at any time.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE CHANGED OR ACCESSED BY INDIVIDUALS
Information may change or access their personal information at any time by contacting us directly. You have the right under the Privacy Act 1988 to request changes to your personal information and we encourage you to contact us to update your personal information.
WHAT SECURITY IS PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
John Fowler Automotive must take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information collected by us from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and also against misuse, interference and loss. We have developed step to ensure that your personal information is safe and protected whilst being stored by us. Where it is no longer a requirement to hold your personal information, all reasonable steps are taken to destroy your personal information.
We aim to detect and stop privacy breaches early and take action immediately. Appropriate technology and encryption are used every step of the way. In addition to the steps mentioned above, regular audits are carried out to ensure our processes and security are still relevant and up to date.
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take into account new laws and technology as well as changes to our business operations. All updates will be posted to this page.